BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Let Your "Yes" be "Yes."

I see your lies swirl around
I see it turning things upside down
I see your crooked lives built by deceit
So here it goes again, your sins repeat
You seat in a pew with lies dripping down like sweat
You say you dried yourself with the truth but you stand soaking wet
Your slowly drowning in your ways
But there you stand letting truth sway
How much longer can you preach
No longer do my ears you reach
I am sorry it came down to this
Will you recover? I can only wish
I didn't know your chains were so tight
But you gave up the truthful fight
Times change
We all rearrange
You taught me that true colors will show through
Honesty is only a trait of a few
Your outside can be dressed perfectly in white
But your words will slowly taint yourself black as night.

3 comments:

poohwasframed said...

i love your style. its awesome. keep it up ashee :Y

:t

:E

new smilies...

ericaJ said...

I like. I think it's great that your poems are straight forward and I don't have a brain hernia trying to figure out what they mean...oh and you better let your yes be yes when I show up on your doorstep with camera in hand!

JenofWA said...

I'm glad you wrote this... OH, how tiring it is to see everything just repeat over and over...

Love you :)