BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Choking Vine

I lost again, so it seems

Failure laying there and it gleams
No applause for my attempts before
Just nods of strangers galore 
Does my writing have meaning, not to you
I hardly want praise or maybe I want a few
Does my writing stand out, guess not
To you I thought it meant a lot
I am growing weary of being in second place
To love to to much; to love to little I always lose the race
Another wound, another dollar, another day
The edges of my heart are beginning to fray
He said, "why put a new address on the same old loneliness"
Because once again I fell for the same old phoniness
Jumble words spill out like wine
A cup choked but the vine
It twist and turns until there's nothing left
It comes through the window like a theft
It steals the love that you once grew
It leaves an emptiness you never knew
Finding it hard to imagine or does it hit your very core
No matter how many bandages you take, there will always be a sore 
Now talking is just a waste of breath
And living is just a waste of death

0 comments: