A bond I tied my heart to
A creed I signed with love
Promises I kept
It never was enough
I was loyal to the oath
Dedicated with commitment
Everything I spoke
Everything, I meant it
I never told you lies
I never left your side
I never said those words
I never said goodbye
I told you what was real
I never spoke with fire
Little did I know
I wasn't your desire
I pledged what I was worth
My words stayed true
I convinced you I was right
The past I can't undo
I would swear to it all
With my life and breath
But loneliness needs company
The breeze took and swept
My name is distorted
And you cover me with lies
You've walked far away
But I can't say goodbye
You said what I wanted, but I never heard the truth
Little did I know, it was me hurting you
I said what I needed, but you didn't believe at all
Little did I know, this would be the last call
I never told you lies
I never left your side
I never said those words
I never said goodbye...
Monday, February 22, 2010
I Never Said Goodbye
Posted by A D D at 11:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment